The information contained on this site has been prepared and reviewed by experienced staff employed by the Commissioner for Older People for Northern Ireland. Whilst considerable effort has been made to describe the law accurately, a website is limited in its ability to convey the complexities and variations in how the law may be applied and interpreted. The Commission, the authors or publishers do not accept liability for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information contained on this site.
Links to other websites
Links to a number of other sites are made to provide the user with speed of reference. However, the Commissioner for Older People for Northern Ireland cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents of other websites to which links have been made.
Advisory material not legal advice
The material published on this website is for general information purposes and does not and is not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. You should seek specific legal advice in relation to any particular matter.
Social media house rules
This statement discloses the types of content that we will remove from our social media channels and the grounds for which we will ban a user from accessing them.
We reserve the right to remove comments, without notification, including those which:
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- infringe or violate someone else's rights
- violate the law
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings
- are spam
- advertise products or services
- are irrelevant or off-topic
- are disruptive
- are repetitive.
We will also remove or ban any user who:
- continues to post comments such as those listed above
- encourages others to post such comments
- uses offensive images as their profile picture, for example, sexually explicit images
- has an offensive user name.
These lists are not exhaustive and will be updated as necessary.
Our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7.
If you have an urgent query please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 028 9089 0889 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.)